Our team at Surfrider Vancouver is an example of how big a splash you can make if you care enough to act. Each month we engage in beach cleanups, campaigns, and spread our message throughout Canada: We can protect & enjoy our coast...in fact, it is hard to do one without the other!
Why become a volunteer?
BE pro-active in protecting your oceans.
JOIN a passionate team.
GAIN new skills, work and life experiences.
LEAD exciting events through-out the year.
MAKE a measurable impact.
EXPERIENCE life as a Game-Changer. BE a Surfrider
Become a part of our team today!
- We value all skills and talents- From photography to creative writing to event planning
- Our teams include: Research, Communications, Campaigns, Events & Executive
- We value your time and will find a role to suit you but ask that all volunteers plan to attend at least 1 event each month. In addition to your role this could be about 2-3 hours a week.
Open Volunteer Role
2017 Executive Roles - January - December Term
*2017 Executive elections will be held at our AGM in January
- Chair - Lead chapter vision and direction
- Vice - Lead chapter coordination
- Secretary - Coordinate communications and PR volunteers
GENERAL VOLUNTEER ROLES
- Beach Cleanup Lead: Help sign up new volunteers at our events! Bring a smartphone with a data connection.
- Website Content Lead: Help us keep our website up to date! Experience with Squarespace, HTML, CSS and java is preferred.
- Graphics & Creative: With some of our exciting campaigns comes the need for new graphics, infographics and other creative updates to our brand, website, social and print materials.
- Mobile App Developers: We have an exciting project underway that requires someone with proven skills in creating a hybrid (iOS and Android) app. Experience with app development, java, css, ember and node would be ideal.
- Twitter Champion: We need someone to engage our Twitter community each week, share updates at events and help to build our following.
For more information on becoming a volunteer, email our Volunteer Team at email@example.com! Let them know your interests.